- Supports the Maryland Horse Council Foundation's program the Maryland Equine Transition Service’s mission to provide safe alternatives for horses needing to be re-homed.
- Supports the Maryland Fund for Horses’ mission to protect the health, safety, and welfare of horses in Maryland.
- Supports the American Horse Council’s Welfare Code of Practice.
- Supports the Prevent All Soring Tactics (PAST) Act of 2019, which would ban the use of action devices used to exaggerate the high step of gaited horses.
- Supports efforts to preserve and expand bans on horse slaughter.
- Supports the Maryland Horse Industry Board’s mission of regulating equine businesses and promoting and marketing the Maryland equine industry.
- Supports the Racehorse Integrity and Safety Act of 2020, which would empower the Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority to develop national anti-doping and racetrack safety programs.
- Supports state and national drug-testing policies.
- Supports state and national track safety programs.
- Supports the revenue from slots at racetracks to be used to benefit Maryland’s horse racing industry.
- Supports the Maryland Thoroughbred Horsemen’s Association’s efforts on behalf of the safety and financial interests of backstretch workers and jockeys, track safety, and the interests of owners and trainers.
Land Use & Natural Resources
- Supports manure composting.
- Supports regenerative pasture management.
- Supports nutrient management and stormwater run-off regulation.
- Supports state efforts to manage the deer population.
- Supports the shared use of state parks and other public lands.
- Supports the inclusion of horses in the definition of livestock.
- Supports preserving agricultural land
(updated - 3/9/21)